Sunday, January 27, 2013

Intercultural conflict

Hi, This is the second time I'm writing a blog and the first time writing a blog regarding to intercultural and interpersonal conflict. Recently in NUS, there is a girl who used her ukulele singing on the NUS A2 shuttle bus and the intention is to make University a happier place. From my perspective, I would think that this is actually a great and fun interaction with strangers though we do not know each other but through certain interaction, a smile, greet and gesture we can create a sense of pleasure in everyone's heart and in order to make university or a country better place and shaping the "warm culture."

To some extent, there may be person holding different perspective that they might think that this is kind of a disturbance when riding on a stranger using ukulele singing beside you.

How would you guys think about singing on a ride. Excluding those annoying singer with extremely awful voice.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Shao Jiet,
    I think The guys are really creative. I believed that it was something we would not see everyday. It would brighten my day if i was on the bus. However, there may be other passengers who felt unconformable about this. They may prefer a quite ride.
    Nevertheless it was good effort.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the idea of a "warm culture," Shao Jiet. This is a slim description though, concise perhaps to a fault. I'm also not sure that it responds appropriately to the assignment. Still, I give you credit for trying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Shao Jiet, I have identified some mistakes in your report. Firstly, in the first paragraph, your second sentence is too long without appropriate full stop.

    Next, there are some tenses error e.g. was a girl instead of is (i suppose this is right) as the event has passed.

    Also, there is a missing subject in the second last sentence. You could have wrote 'What is your opinion of students singing on public transport?'.

    Feel free to share with me any comments that you do have so that i can learn at the same time too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks brad.To some extend it does not correspond to intercultural conflict after having a deep thought.
    Wei ni, thanks for your comment. I would be mindful next time whenever I write or communicate with others.

    ReplyDelete